In many states, the energy sales tax exemptions and manufacturing exemptions are applicable to the following types of facilities and operations:
• Manufacturing Operations of all types, including fabrication, assembly and/or processing, and all sizes of operations from small shops to large industrial facilities. For example: print shops, wood, clay & plastic products, pharmaceutical, medical device, electronics & semi-conductor plants, machine shops, chemical plants & refineries, steel and textile operations, audio & video recording production, and a vast array of other manufacturers.
• Food & Beverage Processors and Bakeries (sub categories of manufacturing)
• Nursing Homes, Alzheimer Units, Assisted Living and Retirement Facilities ( residential exemption)
• RV and Mobile Home Parks where the average tenant stay exceeds 30 days (residential exemption)
• Apartment Complexes & Buildings and Condominiums (residential exemption)
• Agricultural and Horticultural operations (including irrigation, feedlots, animal food processing, fruit and vegetable growing & processing, and plant nurseries)
• Golf Courses (for electricity used in pumping irrigation water and charging golf carts)
• Repairs to railroad "rolling stock", jet aircraft engines, and national defense related "platforms"
• Oil & Gas and Mining operations .
Copyright 2013 Smart Tax USA
All rights reserved.
• State Tax Audit Defense
• State Manufacturing Exemptions
• Reverse Audits
More than 5,000 U.S. jurisdictions have changed their sales and use tax legislation in the last decade. SMART TAX USA determines how these law changes provide additional exemptions, credits and tax incentives for your company.
State Courts are constantly interpreting sales tax laws and regulations. SMART TAX USA deciphers these complex laws and regulations to maximize cost saving benefits.
In today’s economy many states are adding additional tax exemptions, credits and tax incentives to create job growth within the manufacturing and industrial spectrum. SMART TAX USA specialized, comprehensive analysis can determine how these new exemptions directly affect your business and could result in a reduction of current and future tax liabilities providing significant tax savings for your business!
Profit Recovery with Reverse Audits - Refunds Now - Future Savings. 90% of our audits result in an instant refund and most importantly, significant future savings